Policies + Terms
- Session fee's cover the photographers time, skills, and editing.
- Once a portrait session has started, your session fee is non-refundable.
- Arriving late to a session will result in the loss of session time.
- All sessions are made with a set time-frame. Most of the time sessions are held back-to-back with other clients and therefore being on time is essential. If you are late for your session, the remainder of your time slot will be used to the best of the photographers ability to capture your images. If you miss your session time, your payment is forfeited and you cannot reschedule. Please, if you’re going to be late, inform SO Photo ASAP.
Cancel or Rescheduling
- SO Photo hereby reserves the right to reschedule any session due to poor weather, photographer illness, or a personal emergency. If a session cannot be rescheduled due to photographers’ cancellation, your session fee will be 100% refunded.
- Clients reserve the right to reschedule any portrait session within 72 hours of the session. Written notice must be given to SO Photo for rescheduling.
- Rescheduling your session’s date/time within 72 hours may incur additional fees.
- Cancelling your session within 7 days of portrait session will result in not receiving a refund of your sitting fee deposit. A refund will be issued minus the booking fee. The booking fee/deposit varies depending on session type.
- Unless otherwise offered, SO Photo provides digital images in .JPEG format. The sneak peek images are provided via Social Media (unless you opt out), and final images are provided via USB and email (the USB client provides). RAW or unedited images are never provided to clients.
- If SO Photo provides the client prints and products, it is important to know that the images have been color corrected & calibrated to print how it is seen on our computer monitor. Any digital photos you see in email, social media, or on our website may vary from their desired appearance, depending on your computer's monitor and settings.
- SO Photo cannot guarantee the results or quality of prints made by clients or by clients' chosen printing method/source.
- SO Photo cannot guarantee a certain number of final images for a client.
- Digital images purchased or provided are for personal archival purposes. We include a print release upon request for prints only, in sizes 8x12 and smaller.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to protect all digital copies of your photographs.
- SO Photo makes every effort to retain your final files for up to 3 months from the date of your session.
- Your full session fee is due immediately upon scheduling of your session, unless otherwise arranged with SO Photo. This is collected through SO Photo’s Square payment system. An invoice will be emailed to the client. Upon request, you may send cash or check to our mailing address. Mail is not reliable, so credit card is the preferred method of payment if possible.
- Session date and times are not secured without payment. This means if payment is not submitted, another client can book that date/time.
- When you complete payment, you are agreeing to the terms of the session details in the invoice. You are responsible for reading the invoice completely before submitting payment.
- SO Photo will do our best to provide a sneak peek within 24-72 hours of your session. -Your completed final images can be completed within 2 weeks after your session, but can take up to 4 weeks if necessary. The time=frame is subject to change, particularly during peak season (June-October it can be 8 - 10 weeks.)
- Prices are subject to change at any time at the discretion of SO Photo.
- Flash sales are spontaneous, are a limited-time offer, and cannot be combined with any bookings already made or sessions already completed. Flash sales are for new bookings only and cannot be combined with any other offers.
Wedding and Event Photography
- A deposit is due immediately to reserve your event date, along with your signed contract. SO Photo will not reserve a date or time without both your payment and the signed contract. The remainder of your full balance is due no later than 8 weeks prior to a Wedding and 4 weeks prior to any other event.
- SO Photo will do our best to provide a sneak peek within 24-72 hours of your event. Your completed images can be completed within 2 weeks after your event, but can take up to 6 weeks if necessary. The time-frame is subject to change, particularly during peak season (June-October it can be 8 - 10 weeks.)
- Weddings and other Events will have their own individual contracts with their own policies, procedures, and requirements outlined.
Last updated on February 25th, 2018